Gotta love this! From allposters.com, The Only 12.5 Writing Rules You'll Ever Need
- If you write every day, you get better at writing every day
- If it's boring to you, it's boring to your readers
- Get a writing routine, and stick with it
- Poetry does NOT have to rhyme. Poetry does NOT have to rhyme
- Resist stereotypes, in real life and in your writing
- Writers read. Writers read a lot. Writers read all the time.
- Make lists of your favorite words and books and places and things
- There doesn't always have to be a moral to the story
- Always bring your notebook. Always bring a spare pen
- Go for walks. Dance. Pull weeds. Do the dishes. Write about it.
- Don't settle on just one style. Try something new!
- Learn to tell both sides of the story.
- (12.5) Stop looking at this post
er. Write something!